Terms of service
Last revised 4/20/2016
Terms of Service
The following describes the terms on which GiftRocket, Inc. offers you access to our site and services.
If you are looking for the terms of GiftRocket Prepaid Gift issued by Sunrise Banks, N.A., you may view them here.
- Your Experience with Other Users. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of our Services. We will not be responsible for any damage or harm resulting from your interactions with other users of our Services. We reserve the right to monitor interactions between you and other users of our Services and to take any other action in good faith to restrict access to or the availability of any material that we or another user of our Services may consider obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable.
- Release. By using the Site or Services, you agree that any legal remedy or liability that you seek to obtain for actions or omissions of other users will be limited to a claim against the particular user or users who caused you harm. You agree not to attempt to impose liability on, or seek any legal remedy from GiftRocket. You release GiftRocket from any and all claims, demands, damages (actual, consequential, nominal, punitive, or otherwise), equitable relief, and any other legal, equitable, and administrative remedy, of every kind and nature, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, past, present, or future, arising out of or in any way connected with your communication or interaction with other users on the Site.
Site Rules and Restrictions. In connection with your use of our Services, you must act responsibly and exercise good judgment. Without limiting the foregoing, you will not:
- violate any local, state, provincial, national, or other law or regulation, or any order of a court;
- infringe the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation, their intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights;
- interfere with or damage our Services, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology;
- use our Services to transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others without their permission, personal contact information or credit, debit, calling card or account numbers;
- use our Services in connection with the distribution of unsolicited commercial email ("spam") or advertisements;
- "stalk" or harass any other user of our Services or collect or store any information about any other user other than for purposes of transacting as an GiftRocket user;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- use automated scripts to collect information or otherwise interact with the Service or the Site;
- advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
The foregoing is merely a list of examples of prohibited conduct. GiftRocket reserves the right to cancel a user account or take other appropriate actions in its sole discretion in response to any inappropriate conduct, or for no reason at all.
Content Restrictions. You are solely responsible for any content that you submit, post or transmit via our Services. You may not post or submit any content that:
- infringes the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights of any person;
- is defamatory;
- contains nudity or sexually explicit content, or is otherwise obscene;
- may disparage any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious, or other group by stereotypical depiction or otherwise;
- depicts individuals under 18 years of age;
- depicts or advocates the use of illicit drugs;
- makes use of offensive language or images;
- characterizes violence as acceptable, glamorous or desirable; or
- provides a link to any other websites.
- No Obligation to Post Content. We have no obligation to post any content from you or anyone else. In addition, we may, in our sole and unfettered discretion, edit, remove or delete any content that you post or submit.
In using our Services, you may be exposed to content and information from other users or third parties ("Third-Party Content"), either at our Site or through links to third-party websites. We do not control, and shall have no responsibility for, Third-Party Content, including material that may be unlawful, misleading, incomplete, erroneous, offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable. You must evaluate the veracity of, and bear all risks associated with your exposure to, Third-Party Content.
Because state and local tax laws vary significantly by locality, you understand and agree that you are solely responsible for determining your own tax reporting requirements in consultation with tax advisors.
- Our Intellectual Property. Material on our Site (with the exception of Third-Party Content) is protected by rights of publicity, copyright, trademark, trade secret, and other proprietary rights and intellectual property laws as applicable. Except as expressly authorized by us, you may not sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from such material. "GiftRocket," and "www.giftrocket.com" are trademarks of GiftRocket Inc. protected by federal and state law; you agree not to use such marks for any purpose, including but not limited to as metatags on other websites, in written materials or otherwise.
- Our Use of Our Intellectual Property. You may not systematically retrieve data or other content from our Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like, whether by manual methods, through the use of bots, crawlers, or spiders, or otherwise. You may not display any portion of our Site in a frame (or any content from our Site through in-line links) without our prior written consent, which may be requested by contacting us at email@example.com. You may, however, establish ordinary links to the homepage of our Site without our written permission, and you may make use of embedded HTML "widgets" if we have provided the HTML code.
We may, in our discretion and without liability to you, with or without cause, with or without prior notice and at any time: (a) terminate your access to our Services, (b) deactivate or delete any of your accounts and all related information and files in such accounts and (c) bar your access to any of such files or Services.
Modification of Services
We may, in our discretion and without liability to you, with or without prior notice and at any time, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any portion of our Services.
You shall use our Services in a manner consistent with any and all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- If you use our services, you do so at your sole risk. We expressly disclaim, and you waive, all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- We do not warrant that (a) our services will meet your requirements; (b) our services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; (c) any information that you may obtain through our services will be accurate or reliable; (d) the quality of any products, services, information or other material purchased or obtained by you through our services will meet your expectations; or (e) any errors in any data or software will be corrected.
- If you access or transmit any content through the use of our services, you do so at your own discretion and your sole risk. You are solely responsible for any loss or damage arising out of such access or transmission.
- No data, information or advice obtained by you in oral or written form from us or through or from our services will create any warranty not expressly stated in these terms.
Limits on Liability
- We shall not be liable for damages of any kind (including, but not limited to, any direct, incidental, general, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages) even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, arising from or relating to: (a) the use or inability to use our services; (b) harm or damage to your property as a result of using our services; (c) disclosure of, unauthorized access to or alteration of your content; (d) any harm to you caused in whole or part by a third party, including but not limited to another user of the services; (e) statements, conduct or omissions of any user or other third party on our services; or (f) your or anyone else's conduct or acts in connection with the use of the services, including without limitation from interactions with other users of our services or persons introduced to you by our services, whether on-line or off-line.
- We shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performing under these terms due to causes beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of nature and power, internet, and email discontinuity.
- In no event will our aggregate liability to you or any third party in any matter arising from or relating to with our services or these terms exceed the sum of one hundred U.S. dollars ($100).
We shall not be liable for any loss, expense, failure to perform, or delay caused by failure of communication systems, accidents, strikes, fire, flood, war, riot, civil strife, terrorist attack, earthquake, power outage, funds transfer system or government rules, acts of third parties, or any cause that is beyond our reasonable control.
You shall indemnify and hold us (and each of our officers, directors, and employees) harmless from any third-party claim, demand, action, damage, loss, cost or expense, including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out or relating to your use of our Services or alleging facts or circumstances that, if true, could constitute your breach of any of these Terms. We will control any such defense and related settlement and you will reasonably assist us therewith at your expense.
E-Sign Disclosure and Consent
This E-Sign Disclosure and Consent (“E-Sign Consent”) applies to all records, notices, statements, communications, and other items for all services provided to you through the Services and in connection with your relationship with us (collectively, “Communications”).
Scope of Communications to Be Provided in Electronic Form. You agree that we may provide you with any Communications that we may choose to make available in electronic format, to the extent allowed by law, and that we may discontinue sending paper Communications to you, unless and until you withdraw your consent as described below. Your consent to receive electronic communications and transactions includes, but is not limited to:
- All legal and regulatory disclosures and communications associated with the Services.
- Notices or disclosures about a change in the terms of the Site.
- Privacy policies and notices.
Method of Providing Communications to You in Electronic Form. All Communications that we provide to you in electronic form will be provided either (1) via e-mail, (2) by access to a web site that we will designate in an e-mail notice we send to you at the time the information is available, (3) to the extent permissible by law, by access to a web site that we will generally designate in advance for such purpose, or (4) by requesting you download a PDF file containing the Communication.
How to Withdraw Consent. You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications in electronic form by calling us at 1-800-443-8762. At our option, we may treat your provision of an invalid e-mail address, or the subsequent malfunction of a previously valid e-mail address, as a withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications. Any withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications will be effective only after we have a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal.
How to Update Your Records. It is your responsibility to provide us with true, accurate and complete e-mail address, contact, and other information related to the usage on the Site, and to maintain and update promptly any changes in this information. You can update information (such as your e-mail address) through our web site or by calling us at 1-800-443-8762.
Hardware and Software Requirements. In order to access, view, and retain electronic Communications that we make available to you, you must have:
- Sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer’s hard drive or other data storage unit;
- An e-mail account with an Internet service provider and e-mail software in order to participate in our electronic Communications programs;
- A personal computer, operating system and telecommunications connections to the Internet capable of receiving, accessing, displaying, and either printing or storing Communications received from us in electronic form via a plain text-formatted e-mail or by access to our web site using one of the browsers specified below.
Requesting Paper Copies. We will not send you a paper copy of any Communication which is available electronically from us, unless you request it, or we otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. You can obtain a paper copy of an electronic Communication by printing it yourself or by requesting that we mail you a paper copy, provided that such request is made within a reasonable time after we first provided the electronic Communication to you. To request a paper copy, call us at 1-800-443-8762. We may charge you a reasonable service charge, of which we have provided you prior notice, for the delivery of paper copies of any Communication provided to you electronically pursuant to this authorization. We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to provide a paper (instead of electronic) copy of any Communication that you have authorized us to provide electronically.
Communications in Writing. All Communications in either electronic or paper format from us to you will be considered “in writing.” You should print or download for your records a copy of this disclosure and any other Communication that is important to you.
Federal Law. You acknowledge and agree that your consent to electronic Communications is being provided in connection with a transaction affecting interstate commerce that is subject to the federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, and that you and we both intend that the Act apply to the fullest extent possible to validate our ability to conduct business with you by electronic means.
State Privacy Laws. We also comply with state privacy laws to the extent that they apply.
Termination / Changes. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to discontinue the provision of your electronic Communications, or to terminate or change the terms and conditions on which we provide electronic Communications. We will provide you with notice of any such termination or change as required by law.
Jurisdiction and Venue
These Terms shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware and the United States of America, without regard to conflict-of-law principles.
These Terms contain the entire agreement, and supersede all prior and contemporaneous understandings between the parties. Our failure or delay in exercising any right, power or privilege under these Terms shall not operate as a waiver thereof. The invalidity or unenforceability of any of these Terms shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other of these Terms, all of which shall remain in full force and effect. We may assign our rights and delegate our obligations under these Terms in whole or part to a third party.
Your continued use of this Site and registration to use our Services is contingent upon your agreement to be bound by the foregoing Terms. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding these Terms.